Simple Pest Control
At Lenny’s Pest Control of Southwest Florida we are always on the lookout for news, articles and valuable information to share with you about the Pest Control world. We especially like sharing Pest Control Tips and Pest Control Do’s and Don’ts and Do It Yourself Pest Control because we know that sometimes there are steps you can take to help eliminate those inconveniences or help keep bugs, pests and rodents out of your personal living space. But don’t worry, if you don’t have any peppermint or can’t borrow a cat and don’t want to fuss with cat hair, cayenne pepper or cornmeal we are always here and available to come out to your home or place of business and give you a FREE quote on our services.
Termites, however can do a lot of damage so we don’t suggest you try tackling them on your own. It’s much better to call the experts and have us give you the peace of mind that your home is truly protected. We can also help protect your beautiful trees against the wrath of the whitefly that has already done so much damage in our area. Call 239-945-6543 today to schedule your appointment and be sure to check our specials so you can save money while you protect your home and family from those unwanted pests!
We’re always on the lookout for DID YOU KNOW? Nature’s Houdini: A house mouse can squeeze through a hole the diameter of a dime. Did you know that mice turn up their noses at peppermint? Or that ants and roaches hate Tex-Mex? Some easy tricks and common household ingredients can help keep nature’s nuisances at bay, without harming kids, pets or other wildlife.
Be a Menace to Mice
- Peppermint has been an anti-mouse strategy for centuries. Some swear the strong smell keeps mice from being able to find food. Soak cotton balls in pure peppermint oil (found in health-food stores) and place in small cups near their entry points. Planting peppermint in your yard may help too.
- No cat? Borrow some cat hair from a friend or a groomer, and place it around holes.
- Better yet, block those holes altogether. Stuff them with copper mesh, which won’t rust like steel wool. Cover larger openings and the space behind air vents with hardware cloth that has a mesh size less than a quarter-inch.
- Ants depend on their scent trail: Wipe it out with undiluted white vinegar.
- They also avoid cayenne pepper. Other pests, including cockroaches and squirrels, avoid it too.
- Ants can’t digest cornmeal, but they don’t know that. Put piles of it near a problem anthill, and ants will eat it and slowly starve. This solution takes some time, but it’s safe for kids and pets.
Banish Biting Bugs
- Mosquitoes track you by the carbon dioxide you exhale. Mask it with citronella. Lemongrass (not the citronella plant) is the source of this oil. Plant this lovely ornamental around your patio or in portable pots.
- Bedbugs don’t like extremes. Chill a room at 32°F or below for several days to stop these pests cold. And wash and dry bedding at the hottest settings for at least 15 minutes. You can also set the legs of your bed in plastic cups filled with a little mineral oil, to keep bugs from climbing up.
- Many insects go toward the light. But bugs avoid yellow bug lights—use them near doorways, driveways and sidewalks. Place mercury vapor or incandescent lights around the perimeter of the property to lure insects away.
Click here to view the original article from our friends at Allstate.
Lenny’s Pest Control is all about educating you and helping you protect your home or office space from unwanted, bugs and pests. We always take time to answer all your questions and educate you about what needs to be done for your home, office or lawn. We are experienced in tackling ants, roaches, mice, the Whitefly, GRUBS, termites and any other insects in your yard or living space. We have a team of experts that specialize in Southwest Florida Pest Control inside and outside of your home or place of business and we do the job right the first time. Don’t try to fix it yourself, let the experts handle all of your pest control problems! We proudly service Residential or Commercial clients in the Lee, Charlotte and Collier Counties. Call us at 239-945-6543 to get a quote today!
We want to take this time to say THANK YOU for reading our blogs, liking us on Facebook. Please subscribe to our newsletter if you haven’t already done so. We also appreciate our many loyal clients for all their years of patronage.